This has been a very challenging time for everyone and like all of you, the Good Friday Appeal has been significantly impacted with cancelled fundraising events and activities, and an altered Appeal and Telethon.
Despite all of the challenges that exist with COVID-19, it is heartwarming to hear that so many of you still want to continue to show your support for The Royal Children’s Hospital, their patients and families, and for that we thank you!
As we have done for the last 89 years, the Good Friday Appeal will be raising funds to support our hospital and we are extremely grateful for any contributions that Victorians are able to make right now. This year we ask everyone to head online and donate via our website or to your town’s virtual collection tin.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO MAKING A DONATION THIS YEAR
- Due to social distancing restrictions, we will not have a phone room on Good Friday. If you would like to make a donation, please donate online.
- The purple Good Friday Appeal collection tin is an icon of the Good Friday Appeal. This year things will be very different as there will be no tin collections at traffic intersections or door to door. However even in these tough times you can still be a part of the tin collection with the Good Friday Appeal Virtual Tin Shake! Donate to your town’s ‘Virtual Tin’ or create your own and start ‘shaking your tin’ with family and friends.
HOW TO SUPPORT THIS YEARS’ APPEAL
For those wishing to support the Appeal this year, you can:
- Donate online at any time
- Purchase a ticket in our great raffle with over $190,000 worth of prizes
- Watch the Channel 7 program from 7pm on Good Friday and donate
- Donate to your town’s virtual collection tin in the ‘virtual tin shake‘
For over 60 years, Channel 7 has been a big supporter of the Appeal, by broadcasting a live Telethon. In light of the current situation, a live all-day broadcast is certainly not possible. Therefore a one hour ‘Good Friday Appeal Special’ will go to air from 7pm on Good Friday, hosted by Channel 7’s Peter Mitchell and Jane Bunn. Please join us by watching and celebrating the world leading hospital the community has helped build.
A reminder that the following events have been cancelled:
We are all experiencing the extraordinary circumstances of COVID- 19 and we acknowledge the severe implications for our community. We really value the enormous contribution you all make to the health and wellbeing of our children and we hope you stay well and look after each other.
This page will be updated as information comes to hand.