THE ROYAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL GOOD FRIDAY APPEAL LTD
Schedule for The 2020 Good Friday Appeal Raffle
(VIC, TAS, NSW, QLD)
|Raffle Name||The Good Friday Appeal Raffle (VIC, TAS, NSW, QLD) (Raffle)|
|Promoter||The Good Friday Appeal Raffle will be conducted by The Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal Limited (ACN 164 460 619) of Level 10, HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank Vic 3006 via its nominee, Anne Randall (Promoter). The Promoter is a not-for-profit organisation and is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission.|
|Permit Numbers||Authorised under: VIC Permit: 10036/20, NSW Permit: GOCAU/2265.|
|Raffle Period||The Raffle starts at 9am on 5/03/2020 AEDT.
The Raffle closes at 9.00pm on 10/04/2020 AEST. No entries will be accepted after this time.
|Relevant State(s)||Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales and Queensland.|
|Entry Restrictions||Entry is open to residents aged 18 years or over of Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales, and Queensland. Entry is not open to residents of Western Australia, South Australia, Australian Capital Territory, and Northern Territory.|
|Raffle Entry Procedure||To enter, entrants must, during the Raffle Period, visit the Website and purchase either a single ticket for the Raffle (Single Raffle Ticket) valued at $10 each, including providing all details requested. There is a 72 cent transaction fee which is added to the ticket price of $10.00.
Entrants who purchase 5 or more tickets in one transaction will also be entered into the Multi-Ticket Raffle draw (Multi-ticket Raffle Ticket)
|Maximum number of Raffle Tickets||150,000 Raffle Tickets|
|Odds of winning the stated major prizes based on total possible ticket sales||1st Prize 1/150,000; 2nd Prize 1/149,999; 3rd Prize 1/149,998.|
|Maximum Number of Entries||There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant, subject to Raffle Ticket availability.|
|Verification Requirements||If requested by the Promoter, entrants must produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including proof of identity, age, place of employment and place of residence) prior to being awarded a Prize.|
|Draw Details||The Draw will take place as follows:
Date: Friday, 10th April, 2020
Time: After entries have closed at 9pm AEST
Location: Level 10, HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank 3006. Representatives from The Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal Ltd will be present at the draw, together with a scrutineer who is not associated with the management or conduct of the Raffle or the benefiting organisation in any way.
An electronic random draw system is used to draw the Prize Winners. This electronic random draw system is Government certified and meets the legislative requirements across all Australian States and Territories.
Single Ticket Raffle Prize Winners:
Single ticket purchases are entered into the draw to win either First, Second or Third prizes. First Prize will be drawn first, followed by the Second Prize, followed by the Third Prize. Winning Single Tickets will not be returned to the pool of entries after being drawn as a Winner.
Multi-ticket Raffle Prize Winners:
Multi-ticket purchases are entered into the main raffle draw to win either First, Second or Third prizes, plus Multi-ticket purchases are automatically entered into the draw to win the Scenic ‘Jewels of Europe’ river cruise prize. Each ticket purchased in the Multi-ticket Raffle will receive an entry into the bonus draw.
Entrants who wish to enter the draw for the Multi-ticket purchase prize must purchase 5 or more raffle tickets in the same transaction. To be eligible to enter into the Multi-Ticket Raffle Prize, the purchaser must purchase the ‘Multi-ticket Raffle Prize’ Ticket Type on the Website.
|Type||Prize||No. Avail.||Value of each Prize (inc GST)|
|1st Prize||2020 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD in Machine Grey.
2.5 litre in-line 4 cylinder 16 valve DOHCS-VT turbocharged petrol (SKYACTIV-G 2.5T) engine with i-stop and i-ELOOP. 6-speed automatic. TOWING CAPACITY: 2,000 kg (braked)750 kg (unbraked). Main features include: 20-inch alloy wheels with 255/50 tyres; Front fog-lamps & Headlamps (LED); Power sliding and tilt glass sunroof; Remote-operated power tailgate (open/close) with hands free function; Active Driving Display; Air-conditioning (three-zone climate control) with independent rear control; Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function; Front seats with: 2-position memory (driver), 6-way power adjustment (passenger), 10-way power adjustment (driver) and heating function; Seat trim: Black or Natural Stone leather; 9-inch touchscreen display (MZD Connect); Premium Bose® 294 watt amplifier and 12 speakers (including subwoofer); Satellite navigation;; Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring (ABSM); Advanced keyless entry and push button engine start; Driver Attention Alert (DAA); Lane-keep Assist System (LAS); Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with Stop & Go function; Parking sensors (front and rear); Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA); Reverse camera; Smart Brake Support (SBS); Smart City Brake Support [Forward/Reverse] (SCBS F/R).
12 months registration in Victoria. 12 months compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty, GST and dealer delivery charges. If the winner does not reside in Victoria, they are responsible for registering the Prize in their state/territory of residence.
The Prize does not include aftermarket accessories. The winner is responsible for arranging all additional relevant necessary insurances prior to collection of the Prize. The winner is responsible for collection of the Prize, at winner’s own expense. The vehicle will be made available at the nearest Victorian Mazda dealership to the winner’s place of residence
Valued at $72,430
|2nd Prize||Majestic Knight SLX Caravan
The winner is responsible for collection of the caravan, at the winner’s own expense, from Majestic Caravans, 69 Lara Way, Campbellfield Vic 3061. The winner is responsible for registration and on-road costs plus insurance for the caravan. The winner is responsible for arranging all relevant necessary insurances prior to collection of the Prize.
Valued at $71,500
|3rd Prize||2 x Qantas Business Class return airfares to Honolulu, departing/returning to Melbourne, VIC.||
Valued at $16,000
|Minor Prizes||iPad Pro 12.9-inch display, 64Gb of storage, Silver,
WiFI + Cellular capability.
Total = $10,494
|Multi-ticket Prize||1 x 15 Day Scenic Tours ‘Jewels of Europe’ Cruise package for 2 people including a cabin upgrade to a Private Balcony Suite||
Valued at $25,580
|Total Prize Pool||Up to $196,004 (incl GST).|
|Prize Restrictions/Exclusions||Not available to residents of Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, or Australian Capital Territory.
Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
|Notifications and Publication of Winners||Winners will first be notified by telephone or e-mail within 2 business days of being drawn. Prize winners’ names will be published at www.goodfridayappeal.com.au on 10th April 2020 and published in The Australian newspaper on 15th April, 2020.|
|Hosting of Online Raffle||The Raffle is hosted by Eventbrite, Inc., a Delaware corporation, 155 5th Street, Floor 7, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. Reg. No. 4742147.
Security – PCI Compliant
|Prize Claim Date||Winners from Victoria, Tasmania, and Queensland have twelve months from the draw date to claim their Prize, i.e. by 11.59pm on 10/04/21 AEST.
Winners from New South Wales have three months from the draw date to claim their Prize, i.e. by 11.59pm on 10/07/20 AEST.
Winners are to contact the Good Friday Appeal office on (03) 9292 1166 in order to claim their Prize.
|Unclaimed Prize Arrangements||If a Prize is not claimed by the relevant Prize Claim Date or is deemed invalid in accordance with the Conditions of Entry, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to regulatory approval, if required) to sell that Prize. Proceeds from such sale will be paid to the Promoter.|
|Additional Terms – Prizes||The stated recommended price of the 1st Prize (Vehicle Prize) is $72,430. All optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance not stated, fuel, personal costs and all other ancillary or related costs are excluded. The winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable the Promoter to register the vehicle in the name of the winner prior to collection. Receipt of a Vehicle Prize vehicle is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the Vehicle Prize vehicle and comply with all registration and compulsory third-party insurance requirements of Victoria. The vehicle depicted in all promotional material is not necessarily the same colour as the Vehicle Prize vehicle. The colour of the Vehicle Prize is Machine Grey. The Vehicle Prize vehicle will be available for collection from a Victorian Mazda dealership nominated by the Promoter near the winner’s place of residence. The Prize is subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the Prize, as applicable.|
|The stated recommended price of the 2nd Prize (Caravan Prize) is $71,500.00. The Prize is subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the Prize, as applicable. All optional extras and accessories, registration, insurance, fuel, personal costs and all other ancillary or related costs are excluded. Receipt of a Caravan Prize is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the Caravan Prize. The Caravan depicted in all promotional material is the same colour as the Caravan Prize. The Caravan Prize will be available for collection from Majestic Caravans, 69 Lara Way, Campbellfield Vic 3061.|
|The stated recommended retail price of the 3rd Prize (Qantas Airfares) is $16,000. The Prize is subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the Prize, as applicable. Terms and conditions of the Qantas Airfares Prize are as follows: 1. Prize includes two (2) return Qantas Business Class air tickets, including taxes and charges from Melbourne to Honolulu. 2. Bookings must be made and ticketed by Qantas and are valid on Qantas operated services only. 3. Bookings will be made on direct Qantas operated flights between 30 January 2021 and 31 December 2021 and are subject to Qantas “J” class availability. Bookings must be made, confirmed and ticketed before 30 June 2021. 4. The two (2) tickets must be booked in the same booking and cannot be split into separate bookings. 5. The prize does not include travel insurance, passports, spending money, visas, meals, transfers, ground transportation, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner. 6. The prize must be flown by 30 June 2021, and is subject to availability at the time of booking. 7. The winner will NOT accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel. 8. The winner is NOT entitled to request a class upgrade using Frequent Flyer points. 9. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person. No changes are permitted to travel arrangements once tickets are issued. If the prize is not utilised as stated, it will be forfeited. 10. Qantas Airways Limited, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of this competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. 11. Qantas will not be liable for any taxation, including FBT that may be levied as a result of winning. 12. Please allow a minimum booking period of thirty (30) days prior to departure date.|
|The stated recommended retail price of the Multi Ticket Prize (Scenic Tours Jewels of Europe Cruise) is $25,580. The Prize is subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the Prize, as applicable. Prize is valid for cruises departing in 2020. Blackout periods may apply. Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. The Prize Voucher is valid for two adults on any 2020 scheduled departure for the 15 Day Jewels of Europe River Cruise (Tour Code STC). The Prize includes a Category C Private Balcony Suite on the Sapphire Deck and is subject to availability at time of booking. Any costs associated with joining the tour and returning to place of residence are at winners own expense. Prize voucher does not include flights, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, meals (other than featured in the itinerary), laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or upgrades etc. Prize includes all meals as specified in the tour itinerary. Prize includes port charges and taxes. Prize is not eligible for the Scenic loyalty program, Scenic Club. Taking the prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of Scenic. See brochure of the relevant destination for further details.|
|The stated recommended retail price of the Minor Prize is $1,749 of each Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch display, 64Gb of storage, Silver, WiFI + Cellular capability. The winner is responsible for arranging their own data plan for the iPads. The iPads can be collected by the winners from the Good Friday Appeal offices, HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank Vic 3006, from Monday 20th April 2020. Alternatively, they can be sent via registered post to the winner after Monday 20th April, 2020.|
|Additional terms – Privacy||In addition to the privacy term set out in the Conditions of Entry, each entrant can advise the Promoter at any time if they no longer wish to receive this information, by contacting the Promoter’s Privacy Officer at Level 10, HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank Vic 3006 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter may continue to provide the entrant with this information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the entrant.|
Conditions of Entry for The Good Friday Appeal Raffle
(TAS, VIC, NSW, QLD)
- Instructions and information on how to enter form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Raffle constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule).
- Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The promoter is the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal Ltd, ACN 164 460 619. Level 10, HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank Vic 3006.
- Any updates to these Conditions of Entry will be subject to regulatory approval, and will be published on the Website, so it’s important to check these Conditions of Entry regularly.
- Directors, management, employees and contractors of the Promoter and those of any agencies, retailers and suppliers associated with this Raffle and the immediate family members of these people are ineligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, employee, officer or contractor.
- The Raffle will be conducted during the Raffle Period.
- Eligibility to enter the Raffle is subject to the Entry Restrictions.
- To enter the Raffle, entrants must complete the steps set out in the Raffle Entry Procedure and comply with all other applicable requirements during the Raffle Period. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted in any other form. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, misdirected, ineligible or illegible/inaudible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged proof of entry or things required by the Verification Requirements). The Promoter and/or its representatives may conduct security and/or verification checks (including enforcement of the Verification Requirements) in their absolute discretion to determine the bona fides of an entrant’s eligibility to enter the Raffle. Ineligible entries will be deemed to be invalid.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter if their contact details change during the Raffle Period.
- The Promoter will not accept entries which are incomplete, illegible, or which are generated by computers or other automated means.
- If the Raffle cannot run for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control (for example, infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or technical failures), it reserves the right to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Raffle (subject to regulatory approval). If that happens, the Promoter reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received at the time.
- Where an entry is deemed invalid (at the Promoter’s absolute discretion) prior to the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter may determine a new winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
- The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Raffle are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- All entries and the content contained in those entries become the property of the Promoter. Once submitted, no changes to or withdrawal of an entry will be permitted. Entries will not be returned by the Promoter.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter and will be deemed to have been received at the time of receipt by the Promoter.
- The Prize draw(s) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. If a winning entry is invalid, that entry will be disregarded and the Prize will be awarded by drawing the next valid entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners and Publication Details. Winners’ names and State/Territory of residence will be published as specified in the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Raffle may also publish the name and State/Territory of the winners on their website(s).
- The Prize(s) is/are specified in the Prize Details. The Prize(s) is/are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The Total Prize Pool is specified in the Schedule.
- The entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Raffle or taking or participating in the Prize(s). Any entrant, Prize winner and/or participants in a Prize event may be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and waiver of liability for participation in the Prize event and to expressly acknowledge that participation in a Prize may be inherently dangerous, and that if they choose to participate they will do so at their own risk. In particular, a reasonable level of health and fitness may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to preclude participation of anyone refusing to sign the acknowledgement/waiver or any person who is suffering from asthma, epilepsy, significant back or neck problems, physical or mental disabilities, or is pregnant or in the Promoter’s sole discretion is not able to participate in any of the experiences for their own or anyone’s safety. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Raffle or the awarding or taking of the Prize(s) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- The Prizes and/or parts of the Prize(s) is/are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a Prize, or an element of a Prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that Prize, or element of it, subject to the approval of any relevant authority. The Promoter and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes.
- Prize values are accurate as at the date of preparing these Conditions of Entry and include any applicable GST. Any variation after that date is beyond the Promoters control. All costs, fees, charges or expenses associated with the Prize(s), which are not specified in the Schedule, are the responsibility of the winner(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize values.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any mail delivery, telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise, any injury or damage to entries or to entrants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Raffle. Without limiting paragraph 17, if the Raffle is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Raffle subject to approval from any relevant authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process or the Raffle. Entrants can enter the Raffle up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the Entry Requirements and be subject to the Entry Restrictions. Automatically- or computer-generated entries will not be accepted.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and/or prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Raffle or a Prize event/activity if the entrant:
(a) is deemed by the Promoter to breach these Conditions of Entry;
(b) disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any of these things to the Promoter, another entrant or potential entrant of, or anyone else associated with, this Raffle; or
(c) engages in conduct in relation to this Raffle which is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter’s goodwill or reputation.
26. The Promoter, its agencies and representatives, and prize suppliers associated with this Raffle will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Raffle or the awarding or taking of the Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
27. The Promoter, is not responsible for use of a Prize which results in:
(a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
(b) loss that was not caused by breach of these Conditions of Entry or negligence;
(c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
(d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside their control (such as faults in third party equipment); and
(e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by an entrant’s breach of these Conditions of Entry or an entrant’s negligence.
29. These Conditions of Entry are governed by the laws of Victoria.
30. For information on how to play responsibly, call the Gambling Help-Line on 1800 858 858 within Australia, or your local community gambling help-line.