Our incredible fundraisers make a real difference to the lives of children at The Royal Children’s Hospital. No matter what sort of fundraising you want to do, big or small, we think you’re amazing!
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
Hold a competition
Lots of people will be willing to trade a gold coin for a chance to win a prize.
- Coin Line– Encourage workmates/fellow students to contribute a gold coin and see how far you can get around the building/playground
- Jelly Bean Jar– Ask people to guess how many jelly beans in the jar for a gold coin donation
- Money Tree– Draw the outline of a tree and encourage workmates/students to fill in the outline by sticking gold coins to it
- Footy tipping – Instead of prizes for the winners, why not donate the participation fee?
Hold an event
An event can be a great way to bring your community together. Simply charge an entry fee as the donation.
- Easter Egg Hunt– Hold an Easter Egg hunt at your office or School
- Golf Day– Corporate or private – always a great fundraising day
- Karaoke– Discover the inner talents of your workmates, family and friends at a Karaoke Talent Quest. Charge a participation fee and ask local businesses to donate prizes.
- Film night – get your community together to watch a film – you can even sell popcorn as a fundraiser
- Trivia Night – A classic fundraising idea that’s sure to be a hit, include an auction and raffles throughout the night.
This can be a great way to get everyone involved – people will be more than happy to clear out their cupboards or eat something yummy to help the kids.
- Art Sale– Students can auction off their artwork to parents as part of an art exhibit at school.
- Book Sale– Great way to get rid of all those old books
- Hot Cross Bun Drive– At work or at school! Invite your local baker to get involved.
- Jumble Sale– Get rid of unwanted items and raise money at the same time
- Lamington Drive– Everyone loves Lamingtons! Hold a drive at work or at school.
- Garage Sale– Get the whole street involved and get rid of all your unwanted items and raise money for the kids
- Hold a sausage sizzle – A great way to raise money at your school or workplace.
Dress up (or down)
Having a dress-up day and asking for a gold coin donation is an easy and fun way to raise money.
- Pyjama Day– Hold a PJ Day at your school in March.
- Hat Day– Encourage workmates/fellow students to wear a funny hat
- Casual Dress Day– Nominate a day each week/month to wear casual clothes for a donation.
Sponsorship is a great way to have fun and involved your friends, family and community in your fundraising. There are so many things you can do!
- Run for the Kids – Enter Victoria’s biggest fun run and help the kids at the same time! Sign up at runforthekids.com.au
- Challenge yourself – Encourage members to get involved – and ask family and friends to sponsor you!
- Stair Climb – Grab a group of friends or workmates, create your own event and seek sponsors for your efforts.
Once you have decided what type of activity to do, managing donations is easy. Just set up a giving page at www.everydayhero.com.au
We have lots of experience in helping fundraisers over the years. We’ve put together a Fundraising Kit to ensure you have all of the information that is required to hold a safe and successful event.